Official Rules for World Series Sweepstakes
Contest Name: World Series Sweepstakes
Escapemaker , its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company will conduct the Contest on websites licensed to or managed by the Company.
Sponsors of this contest (together, the “Sponsors”) include: New York State Department of Economic Development, Amtrak and EscapeMaker.com
Description of Contest/Participation
- Open to legal residents of the continental United States.
- The contest / prize is only applicable if the NY Yankees win the World Series
- Must be 21 or older
- Sweepstakes begins at (5:00 pm) EST on ( October 28, 2009) and ends November 6, 2009.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- One entry per person. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
- If the winner elects to include a guest (1 guest maximum), the guest will be allowed to accompany the winner.
- Liability releases must be signed by the winner and his or her guest and returned to EscapeMaker prior to trip.
- Winners will be chosen by random drawing.
- Winner will be randomly selected from all entries received within 7 days from the registration deadline. Winner may be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on the Internet registration form, the Company reserves the right to select another winner in its sole discretion. All decisions of winner chosen by the Company will be final.
- The Company or the Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- Employees of the Company , the Sponsors and their advertising/press agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company & all sponsors exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to sponsors and use such information for marketing and other purposes. Information collected in coordination with the Contest shall not be sold to third parties.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company , its employees and agents, the Sponsors (including New York State Department of Economic Development), and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the contest, the Company and Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the contest without notice to the entrants.
- Entry into the contest does not create any vested right or interest for the participants in the prizes offered for the contest.
- The opinions and/or actions of each of the Sponsors are those of the individual Sponsors only. They do not represent the views of the Company, the Department of Economic Development or of the other Sponsors.
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
A Grand Prize Package consisting of:
- The winner and guest will enjoy transportation provided by Amtrak and luxury accommodations at the Park Hyatt at the Bellevue, be treated to dinner at the Prime Rib, have "Founding Father-level" access to the city's historical sites and VIP access at a cultural event, as well as brunch at Parc in Rittenhouse Square.
- Amtrak will only provide round-trip transportation from New York City, New York to Philadelphia, PA. Travel dates will occur before 11/01/2010 and subject to availability, additional black out dates do apply.Travel for the winner is required to be established within 48 hours of being contacted. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. All prizes must be redeemed, and established which dates winner will be traveling, within 48 hours of the notification. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.