Football in the Finger Lakes Sweepstakes Official Rules
Back to Sweepstakes
HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter by visiting http://www.iloveny.com during entry period. Sweepstakes begins at 6:00 pm EDT, July 9, 2010 and ends at 11:59pm EDT, July 26, 2010. One entry per person and per household.
ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the continental United States and Canada aged 21 years or older. Entrants must provide a valid email address and phone number. Employees, officers, and directors of EscapeMaker.com, New York State Department of Economic Development (“The Department”),Empire State Development Corporation, the National Passenger Railroad Company (commonly known as Amtrak®), New York Jets LLC, the National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, L.P., Fly Ithaca, Avis Car Rental, the Cortland County Chamber of Commerce, Break the Ice Media, Quinn & Company, Finger Lakes Visitors Connection (“the Released Parties”), any other Sponsors, or Released Parties to be included, and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising/promotion agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible. Contest materials, contest judges and agencies or partners involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest and each of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, “in-laws” by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws, and is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Final Decision on winners will be made by the New York State Department of Economic Development and will be final. 1099 will be provided to the winner of any prize awarded that is over $600 in value. By entering this contest, contestants are liable for taxes on the prize they should win. Prizes and prize locations are subject to change.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: All entries are the property of the Department and will not be returned. Third-party entries are not eligible and prize winners must represent themselves. Incomplete and/or multiple entries from the same household/person will be disqualified. If more than one entry per person will be found, only the FIRST entry will be included in the drawing and all subsequent entries will be disqualified. EscapeMaker.com, The Department and the Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic, including the inaccurate or incorrect capture of online entry information that may occur in the processing of entries in this sweepstakes. If, in the Departments’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with or alteration of any portion of the sweepstakes, or if any technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the sweepstakes, the Department reserves the right to terminate the sweepstakes or void any or all electronic entries. If the winner chosen and his/her guests are unable to travel on the specified dates, the prize will be forfeited and another prize winner will be chosen at random.
PRIZE: One (1) grand prize will be awarded, consisting of:
• Four (4) roundtrip transportation passes which includes the prize winner and three (3) guests to the SUNY Cortland New York Jets Training Facility. Choice of transportation passes (either via rail or via air, but not both) will be determined based on the prize winner’s residence and at the sole discretion of the Department. Transportation to and from the prize winner’s home location to the nearest departure point will be at the expense and responsibility of the prize winner. The Department is not responsible for any immigration fees, visas, or any other entry documentation needed for winner and guests. Any other transportation costs not explicitly outlined in these official rules are the responsibility of the prize winner and guests.
• Travel MUST occur between August 6-8, 2010. The Department is not responsible for any scheduling conflicts for the winner and guests.
• Travel by rail: Should rail travel be determined by the Department to be the transportation mode of choice, the contest winner and three guests will travel via Amtrak® from any New York State Amtrak® destination. Any other transportation costs not explicitly outlined in these official rules are the responsibility of guests. Travel on Amtrak® is subject to Amtrak®. Conditions of Carriage/Terms of Transportation, subject to availability. Travel arrangements to and from the Syracuse train station to Cortland, NY will be arranged by The Department if Amtrak is the determined mode of travel.
• Travel by air: Should air travel be determined by the Department to be the transportation mode of choice, the contest winner and three (3) guests will qualify for up to $500 of airfare travel per person (for maximum 4 people) from an originating airport of their choosing flying into the Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport. Travel vouchers limited to 4 x $500 travel credits, with a maximum total value of $2,000, to be used individually, (4x$500) in pairs of 2 (2x$1,000), or as entire 4-pack (1x$2000).
o Empire State Development / I Love NY will supply the Ithaca/Tompkins County CVB & Baker Travel, Inc. with the names, addresses, phone numbers etc. of contest winner.
o Contest winner and guests will then be required to contact Baker Travel, Inc. to arrange for the booking of their tickets.
o Baker Travel will utilize a credit card number to be provided by the Ithaca/Tompkins County CVB to purchase tickets
o Copies of booking receipts and service charges will be supplied to the Ithaca/Tompkins County CVB
o Upon arrival at the Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport contest winners will be greeted by representatives from Cortland and Tompkins Counties and may be interviewed by local/regional media
o Dates of required travel are departing destination and arriving in Ithaca on Fri. Aug. 6, 2010, departing Ithaca on Sun. Aug. 8 to return to original destination.
• Complementary Avis Rental to be picked up at Ithaca/Tompkins County Regional Airport on Fri. Aug. 6 and returned on Sun. Aug. 8
• Two (2) nights accommodation for four at Hope Lake Lodge & Indoor Waterpark at Greek Peak Mountain Resort, valid August 6-10, 2010 only.
• Friday OR Saturday night dinner for 4 provided by Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau, voucher to be provided to winner.
• All additional meals, excursions, additional ground transfers, gratuities, phone and fax calls and any other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her guests.
• Travel portion of the prize is subject to the following restrictions: If the winner’s residence is within one hundred (100) miles of SUNY Cortland Training Facility (as determined by the Department), airfare or train fare will not be included in the prize package and no additional prize element substituted.
• Grand Prize winner and his or her guests are solely responsible for determining and obtaining all necessary travel documents and other travel requirements not specifically outlined in these rules. No changes will be made to travel details once any portion of travel arrangements has been made, except at Sponsors’ or Released Parties sole discretion. Sponsors and Released Parties are not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the Grand Prize. Sponsors and Released Parties are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay and/or train cancellation/day. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. All taxes/fees and expenses in conjunction with air tickets are the responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, all necessary government documentation
NOTE: Grand Prize also includes a “FINGER LAKES VACATION PACKAGE” – this part of the Grand Prize may be used at the same dates of August 6-8, 2010 as above and will include the following elements. This portion of the prize may be used at any other dates, up to one year of voucher issuance, subject to availability and restrictions. If winner chooses to use any of the vouchers in the package between the dates of August 6-8, 2010, winner will need to use the arranged rental car to get to and from the locations (directions will be provided) vouchers are good for one year and can be used at another time up to one year after issuance. All additional meals, travel arrangements, additional ground transfers, gratuities, phone and fax calls and any other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her guests. If the winner chooses to use these vouchers at another time, no other costs will be included (lodging, transportation, meals, etc. will not be included). Amtrak, Fly Ithaca, Avis Car Rental, Hope Lake Lodge and any other Sponsor prizing not specified as part of the “Finger Lakes Vacation Package” are only valid for the dates of August 6-8, 2010.
FINGER LAKES VACATION PACKAGE includes:
• Four (4) admission tickets to the Museum of Science & Technology
• Four(4) admission tickets to the Rosamond Gifford Zoo
• Pack of four(4) tickets to the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen International
• Lunch for four (4) at The Cascade Grill overlooking Owasco Lake in Moravia, NY
• Lakeside dining for four (4) (either dinner or lunch) at either Kidder’s Landing or O’Malley’s in Seneca County
• Four (4) Vino Visas good at all wineries on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail
• Four(4) half-day (4-hour) kayak rentals from Fuzzy Guppies
• Dinner for four (4) at The Cellar Restaurant in Owego, NY
• Four (4) tickets to Skyview Dragstrip in Tioga Center, NY
• Entire grand prize is not transferable for dates or cash.
• All portions of the transportation, lodging, and the elements provided by the New York Jets are non- transferable for dates or cash.
• Elements of the Finger Lakes Vacation Package are not transferable for cash, and can be used for alternative dates as specified herein, within one year of the issuance of vouchers.
Any vouchers/gift certificates provided by Sponsors or Released Party will have a one year expiration date from date of issuance.
GUESTS ACCOMPANYING PRIZE WINNER:
All guests accompanying the prize winner are bound and subject to the same rules and regulations.
Approximate retail value (ARV) of the grand prize of over $5000. Prize must be used by the travel dates of August 6-8, 2010, except where noted herein.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. NO prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted.
By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsors, Released Parties, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and their employees, contractors, officers, directors, and representatives from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of your participation in the sweepstakes or any sweepstakes-related activities and the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in this Sweepstakes.
By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Department permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other Sweepstakes and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Information collected in coordination with the Sweepstakes shall not be sold to third parties.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as planned, including any causes beyond the control of the administrators of the Sweepstakes, the Department and the Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice to the entrants.
DRAWING: The prize winner will be determined on or about 7/27/2010 by a random drawing from all eligible entries received. The Department’s decisions are final.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS AND RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
REDEMPTION & VERIFICATION: Winner will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about notification within 24 hours days of July 28, 2010. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on the entry form, the Department reserve the right to select another winner at their sole discretion.
Winner will be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability release to EscapeMaker.com within five (5) days of notification or prize will be forfeited. Winner’s guest will be required to sign and return a liability release prior to traveling. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these official rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions of the Department are final.
GENERAL: Entry into the Sweepstakes does not create any vested right or interest for the participants in the prizes offered for the Sweepstakes. The opinions and/or actions of each of the Sponsors and the Released Parties are those of the individual Sponsors and Released Parties only. They do not represent the views of Amtrak, the other Sponsors or the Release Parties. Each Sponsor and Released Party is solely liable for its own actions, products, and/or services.
LIST: For the name of the winner(s) after 8/1/2010 visit http://www.escapemaker.com, or, except where prohibited by law, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: EscapeMaker.com and include the text REQUEST WINNER LIST. Requests received more than sixty (60) days after the completion of the Entry Period will not be honored.
Back to Sweepstakes