Back to "Greenest New Yorker"
• Submissions will be accepted until midnight April 5, 2011.
• The Grand Prize Winner will be announced April 30, 2011.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
• All federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
• Open to those 21 and older.
• You (or nominee) must be a legal resident of New York State to participate.
• Employees, officers and directors of New York State Economic Development, Empire State Development Corporation and Escapemaker.com as applicable, each of their affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agency, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials, contest judges and agencies or partners involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest and each of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter.
• All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
• Submissions and any elements used as an entry to this Contest must be 100% original and created by Entrant or in the public domain.
• Submissions cannot infringe on any intellectual property, publicity, personal or other legal or moral right of any third party.
• Any submission that contains the image or likeness of any person other than the Entrant, has provided written permission.
• Submissions must be in English.
• Submissions can be submitted on the Entrants own behalf or nominated by another person. If a submission is entered on behalf of another person written permission must be provided that the nominee is willing to be entered and accept a prize if chosen.
• Final Decisions on winners will be made by The Department of Economic Development and will be final.
• Escapemaker.com, The Department of Economic Development and its sponsor are not responsible for entries that are late, lost, incomplete, damaged or misdirected.
• Winners will be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability release waiving all claims against EscapeMaker.com, travel providers, The Department of Economic Development, the State of New York, and its advertising or promotional agencies within 21 days of notification or prize will be forfeited. Travel companions will be required to sign and return a liability release prior to traveling.
• By entering this sweepstakes, you consent to Escapemaker.com, The Department of Economic Development and its sponsor use of your name and image for promotional purposes, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Submissions become property of The Department of Economic Development and may be used for promotional purposes of the overall Green Heart NY program.
• By entering sweepstakes, you release and hold harmless New York State, the Department of Economic Development, and agencies employed by the Department, as well as any directors, officers or employees of these organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the sweepstakes.
• By entering this sweepstakes, you consent to Escapemaker.com and the Department of Economic Development using your email address. This address will not be given or sold to 3rd parties.
• A 1099 will be provided to the winner of any prize awarded that is over $600 in value. By entering this contest, contestants are liable for taxes on the prize should they win.
• No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted.
• Unclaimed prizes will be awarded to runners up established at that time.
• Prize locations are subject to change.
Winner will receive:
• Free travel around NYS (in their free time) for one year, experiencing its green/eco-tourism offerings, courtesy of I LOVE NEW YORK. Minimum of 4 weekend getaways.
• The official title of “Greenest NYer,” extensive publicity and exposure for themselves and their sustainability work.
• $500 donation made to the green organization* of their choice
*Must be a 501(c)3 not-for-profit and subject to I LOVE NEW YORK and EscapeMaker approval
Winner will be required to:
• Attend award ceremony in NYC (travel arrangements courtesy ILNY) on 4/30/11.
• Travel to minimum of 4 green destinations, courtesy of ILNY.
• Write monthly or bi-monthly blog focused on sustainability and green travel in New York State.
• Make occasional appearances at events & conferences, as travel and schedule allows.
• If the Winner chosen cannot attend ceremony we reserve right to pick another winner.
• The winner will be responsible for their own transportation to the locations if the partners, Amtrak and/or Enterprise, are not able to accommodate.
Runners up to the Grand Prize may be selected. A variety of I LOVE NY gift items may be awarded to the runners up. The decision to include runners up and/or their specific prizes shall be at the sole discretion of the Department.
All prizes and requirements listed above are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Department.
STATEMENTS ON BEHALF OF ESD
The Office of Public Affairs has been designated as ESD’s principal avenue of communication with the media and the public. Only those designated to do so by the Public Affairs Office, may hold himself or herself out as expressing the views of ESD. If the Greenest New Yorker is invited to or intends to speak to a government agency, private organization or the media on behalf of ESD they are required to coordinate with the Public Affairs Office.
Definition of "Content"
Escapemaker's database of business listings is just that, a database. Since we provide a free listing to any tourism business that requests one, we are not able to verify the quality and conditions of these businesses. Therefore a business listed in our database is by no means endorsed or recommended and we are not responsible for any loss or damage that may occur as a result of patronizing these businesses. In the case of lodging, we strongly recommend you check with the state hotel/motel association or bed and breakfast association which monitors accredited lodgings and quality standards before making a reservation.
Purpose of Content
All of the content of our site is the property of Escapemaker and/or its content suppliers, and such content is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and by international copyright law.
Regarding Accuracy of Content, we will make our best efforts to provide only accurate and up-to-date information in this site, including prices, availability, conditions and the like. However, you acknowledge that, although we will make our best efforts to be accurate and up-to-date with all the information we provide, all such information is subject to change, correction, updating, etc. You will not hold us accountable if any information is incorrect or out-of-date. You accept both a) the responsibility to verify all information directly with merchants, vendors, service providers, etc. and b) full liability for your failure to verify information appropriately.