Rules, Terms & Conditions
• Survey responses will be accepted until midnight April 21, 2011. Cornell University reserves the right to extend the closing deadline based on total number of responses received.
• The Prize Winners will be announced within 1 month from end of survey closing.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
•Must complete entire survey and submit email address to be entered to win.
• All federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
• Open to those 21 and older.
• Employees, officers and directors of New York State Economic Development, Empire State Development Corporation and Escapemaker.com as applicable, each of their affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agency, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials, contest judges and agencies or partners involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest and each of their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter.
• All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
• Winner will be randomly selected and final decisions on winners will be made by Cornell University and/or The Department of Economic Development.
• Escapemaker.com, The Department of Economic Development and its sponsor are not responsible for entries that are late, lost, incomplete, damaged or misdirected.
• Randomly selected winners will have days to respond and accept prizing. If a response is not received within three days selected winner will be disqualified and a new randomly selected winner will be selected. Also, if a randomly selected winner denies the prize a new randomly selected winner will be selected.
• Winners will be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility and liability release waiving all claims against EscapeMaker.com, travel providers, The Department of Economic Development, the State of New York, and its advertising or promotional agencies within 21 days of notification or prize will be forfeited. Travel companions will be required to sign and return a liability release prior to traveling.
• Survey responses become property of Cornell University and/or The Department of Economic Development.
• By entering sweepstakes, you release and hold harmless New York State, the Department of Economic Development, and agencies employed by the Department, as well as any directors, officers or employees of these organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the sweepstakes.
• By entering this sweepstakes, you consent to Escapemaker.com and the Department of Economic Development using your email address only to communicate with randomly selected winners. This address will not be used for any other purpose nor given or sold to 3rd parties.
• A 1099 will be provided to the winner of any prize awarded that is over $600 in value. By entering this contest, contestants are liable for taxes on the prize should they win.
• No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted.
• Unclaimed prizes will be awarded to runners up established at that time.
• Prize locations are subject to change.
Randomly Selected Winners may receive one of the following:
• Discover the beauty and wonder of Niagara Falls with a package for two at Niagara’s premiere, luxury boutique Giacomo Hotel. This exclusive package includes two passes to the Niagara Falls State Park and a one-hour high-speed ride upriver into the Niagara Gorge on the Whirlpool Jet Boats. Estimated Value: $800; Probability of winning: 1/1000
• Get inspired by Buffalo. A gateway to one of the Seven Wonders of the Natural World, uncover the beauty of this artistic city with two tickets to the Frank Lloyd Wright’s Darwin Martin House and a relaxing 2-night stay at one of the following hotels:
Hyatt Regency Buffalo, Comfort Suites Downtown Buffalo or Holiday Inn Downtown Buffalo. Estimated Value: $180 to $300; Probability of winning: 3/1000
• Indulge yourself in all that the Finger Lakes has to offer by enjoying an exclusive wine tour package and accommodation for two at the iconic Holiday Inn Elmira-Riverfront.
Estimated Value: $200; Probability of winning: 1/1000
• Looking for escape and relaxation? Experience the Queen City with a one-night stay in the innovative Hotel Indigo. Located just minutes from Niagara Falls, Hotel Indigo offers guests a modern, inspiring experience in Buffalo. Winners will also receive two tickets to the Frank Lloyd Wright’s Darwin Martin House. Estimated Value: $175; Probability of winning: 1/1000
• The historic city of Saratoga Springs started out as a quiet little settlement with beautiful scenery and magnificent natural springs. Discover its splendor with a one-night stay for two at the modern Holiday Inn in the historic downtown district. Within walking distance to shopping, dining, nightlife and museums. Estimated Value: $150-$250 (depending on date used); Probability of winning: 1/1000
• Enjoy all the beauty that New York State has to offer with one of six exclusive Empire Passports. The passport provides you with one year of vehicle access to New York State’s parks and recreational facilities. Estimated Value: $60 each; Probability of winning: 6/1000
• Do you love New York? Show your love with one of 6 I LOVE NEW YORK giveaway packages (prize package contents may vary due to current stock). Probability of winning: 5/1000
EscapeMaker Statement: Sweepstakes, Contests & Liability
By submitting an entry to win a contest or prize from Escapemaker.com, you release Escapemaker.com and its vendors and/or donators of this prize from any liability should any losses occur before, after, in transit to and from, during or relating to the prize redemption including but not limited to thefts, injuries, deaths, or acts of God. Winner will forfeit prize if not redeemed according to specific contest rules and within 6 months of winning notification. Must be at least 21 years old to enter and to win prize.
Escapemaker's database of business listings is just that, a database. Since we provide a free listing to any tourism business that requests one, we are not able to verify the quality and conditions of these businesses. Therefore a business listed in our database is by no means endorsed or recommended and we are not responsible for any loss or damage that may occur as a result of patronizing these businesses. In the case of lodging, we strongly recommend you check with the state hotel/motel association or bed and breakfast association which monitors accredited lodgings and quality standards before making a reservation. For a list of associations, see "about us".
Definition of "Content"
Purpose of Content
All of the content of our site is the property of Escapemaker and/or its content suppliers, and such content is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and by international copyright law.
Regarding Accuracy of Content, we will make our best efforts to provide only accurate and up-to-date information in this site, including prices, availability, conditions and the like. However, you acknowledge that, although we will make our best efforts to be accurate and up-to-date with all the information we provide, all such information is subject to change, correction, updating, etc. You will not hold us accountable if any information is incorrect or out-of-date. You accept both a) the responsibility to verify all information directly with merchants, vendors, service providers, etc. and b) full liability for your failure to verify information appropriately.
Our site allows visitors to link to other internet sites that are owned and controlled by people